Test Tomorrow

At the beginning of class today, we realized we had a new student who transferred from a different class. Mr. Schick spent part of class setting up her blog and determining where she'd sit, but it wasn't too time-consuming.
Then, we looked over information to prepare and study for our test tomorrow. I've studied the information and I think I'll do well on the test. I know the difference between longitude and latitude, and I know what the equator and Prime Meridian are, as well as the arctic and antarctic circles, and the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. I'm studying information on time zones and daylight savings right now too. Also, I learnt today that there are actually 39 time zones, because some places just kind of do their own thing when it comes to time.
I also thought more about how some people want to get rid of time zones and just start using one. It seems like it'd make things like traveling to different time zones easier, but it might be confusing because at 3:00 pm, someone might be just waking up, and another person would just be getting to sleep. I'm not really opposed or in favor, but I do think it's a cool idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Caesar

Theater

Guns, Germs, and Steel